A Custom Smile Makeover Can Help You Look Your Very Best
Your smile is one of your most noticeable features. If you are unhappy with the look of your smile, it can greatly impact your self-confidence and quality of life. Dr. Wesley O. Lynch can design a smile makeover plan to give you a smile that complements all your best features. Dr. Lynch can combine teeth whitening, gum contouring, porcelain veneers, and other treatments to create the smile you have always wanted. To learn more about what a smile makeover can do for you, contact our Ruston, LA, office today.
Designing Your Smile Makeover
A smile makeover is based entirely on your goals. You and Dr. Lynch will have a one-on-one consultation in which you can describe the appearance you wish to achieve, and he will recommend a treatment plan to give your smile the characteristics you desire. Before your smile makeover can begin, Dr. Lynch will ensure that your smile is in good health. He will evaluate your gums, teeth, and jaw to be certain that they are free from health issues. A successful smile makeover requires a healthy foundation, so if you are suffering with any decay or periodontal disease, they must be addressed first.
When your smile makeover begins, Dr. Lynch will take impressions of your teeth and gums. Using this information, he can create a wax-up, which is a three-dimensional representation of what your completed smile will look like. He can also create a set of temporary veneers that you can wear in order to preview your results, and this will allow you to provide Dr. Lynch with feedback so that he can make any necessary adjustments to your permanent veneers. Your smile makeover should not only help you love the way you look, but also result in a comfortable, functional bite.
Treatments Involved in a Smile Makeover
Your smile makeover may combine any number of cosmetic and restorative treatments:
- Teeth Whitening - Teeth whitening is an inexpensive, fast treatment option that can eliminate deep dental stains and highlight all the best features of your smile.
- Gum Contouring - Gum contouring involves the removal of excess gum tissue to create an even, symmetrical gum line that provides an attractive frame for your smile.
- Dental Bonding - Dr. Lynch uses dental bonding to cover minor discoloration, chips, or cracks in a patient's smile. He artfully applies a tooth-colored composite resin to create the appearance of a tooth in excellent aesthetic condition.
- Porcelain Veneers - Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available. These thin porcelain shells are attached to the front of your teeth, where they cover imperfections and create a beautifully symmetrical look across your smile.
- Porcelain Crowns and Bridges - While they also serve a practical purpose, dental crowns and bridges also look natural and healthy within your smile. If you have a missing or severely damaged tooth, Dr. Lynch may recommend a porcelain crown or bridge.
Not everyone is born with a dazzling, charismatic smile. Fortunately, Dr. Lynch can help you achieve a smile you can be proud to share with everyone you meet. To learn more, please contact us today.